Friday, January 9, 2009

i always start reading the Old Testament....
and end up getting through a few books
and going back to the New Testament for all my reading.
so this year, i asked for some reference books
to shed some light on the history, people, events.etc....
basically to make it easier for me to understand.
my dear husband gave me several books for Christmas
and this is the one i started with.....
and i am so enjoying it!
as i said earlier.....i don't retain history well,
but i am gleaning a lot of information with reading this along with the Bible
and i am retaining it too!
i'm loving it!
a new beginning
for a new year!

6 comments:

Joni said...

I love this! Everything is interconnected and whatever can make things more lucid is worthy of time spent. Enjoy your exploration my dear friend ~

Last week one of the homeless men was taking notes while he was reading the bible and when I asked him what he was doing, he said he retained things better if he jots them down and then I learned he was charting all the rivers throughout the bible. I showed him where the maps were in the back and his eyes lit up...I hope you have the same experience...I don't know why he chose the rivers, but we have to start somewhere if we are ever to understand the wisdom imbued in the bible.

Love to you this beautiful January day ~

Jeanne said...

I love you my darling friend.
What a wonderful way to start the year.
Love Jeanne

Sally said...

How wonderful! I must say I don't retain much in the area of history, or for that matter what I had for dinner last night! But, I'm happy for you! ((HUGS))

Annette said...

What a sweet gift...The bible is the best no fiction book any one could get their hands on....sometimes I wonder what it would been like to live in that time, would Jesus have been my playmate, and Mary our neighbor, would her and my mom been friends? just crazy little things I wonder about sometimes. Have a great time learning more history!!
Love ya
Annette

Carol Dunton said...

What a wonderful way to begin teh new year. Often it is up to us to seek the tools that bring us joy, peace and happiness. Time spent filling your spirit is time well spent. I admire your new 'study'... I know this will bless your new year, dear lady.
xo
VB

SweetAnnee said...

I saw your sweet face today
on Jamie's blog

You look as sweet as I thought

LOVE YA
deena