Monday, December 1, 2008

Update

just wanted to update those of you who have asked about my dad
he finally had his gallbladder surgery yesterday
after being taken by ambulance to the hospital Thanksgiving morning.
he has been on sooooo many drugs that he is a bit woozy
and sleeping a lot and a bit disoriented,
but imagine when all of that is out of his system
that he will be doing so much better.
otherwise, his vitals are good and all of that good stuff,
and the pain is a bit less today.
thanks for your thoughts and prayers....
it has been a hectic 5 days....
hopefully i'll be back at this before long!
hugs to all!

and happy happy birthday
to our sweet soul-full little grand baby girl
journey rai
she is two today!!!!!
thank you journey for:
sunshine
spice
kisses
smiles
laughter
joy
love
cuddles
making the world a brighter happier place
and for all the special ways that make you
YOU!
we love you so!

9 comments:

Sally said...

So glad to hear Dad is doing better, and hope he continues to improve. Happy Birthday to Journey - two years old, what a great age. I love her name!

Jeanne said...

Blessings for you all
Love Jeanne

Annette said...

I'm sorry, I did read about your dad from when you posted a comment to me and I am truley sorry that I havent gotten back to you, but I am very happy that he's feeling better, and please tell Journey "Happy Birthday" for me.
Hugs always
Annette

Carol Dunton said...

I'm so glad he's doing well and on the road to a full recovery! I can only imagine how things got turned upside down .... you and your beautiful family will just have to celebrate Thanksgiving when 'Dad' is all mended... nothing says you can't cook a turkey in January!! : )
VB

Joni said...

I'm so happy your dad is doing better...if he's anything like my dad, they'll be happy to send him home! The last time we took my mom to the hospital they ended up keeping my dad and all we could hear was "I've been hijacked!"...so here's to a quick recovery!


and Happy Birthday to sweet little Journey...I wish mine were two again... and yes, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Hope your Dad continues to do well and will be back to his old self soon. Every once in a while I see him post a message on your blog and I can tell he is a very special man God has gifted with many talents and tons of love for you and your family. Be well, Phyllis

Debbie said...

I am glad the surgery is done and he is on the road to recovery. Hope it is a quick process and everyone can get back to their "normal" selves. Good to see you on Sunday. We will continue to pray for your dad.

pchickki said...

So glad your Dad is on the mend.
Happy Birthday to your little one!
Hey, you have a Merry Christmas my friend.
HUgs
Patti

Donna said...

I hope that your dad continues to do well in his recovery! I will be praying for him!