Saturday, December 20, 2008

our little angel

our little angel
has been topping our Christmas tree since around 1975.
each year after the ornaments have been hung,
one of the girls
has had the privilege
of placing this little angel
at the tip top
to be the guardian
of our tree.

last year
we started having grandbabies share in the tradition,
and little asher, being the oldest
set her lovingly in her place.....

and this year
it was brody's turn...
it always makes it a bit more fun and exciting
to be on papa's shoulders
while papa in on a ladder!

so there she is again,
lovingly placed
and residing
over
our
family
celebrations....
and oh what celebrations there will be!








9 comments:

Annette said...

I LLLLLLLOVE it!!! it's funny too see little Brody in undies while we are wearing sweaters, and sweats, and just think in a couple of more years you'll have new grandbaby doing this! you have a beautiful tree, I just put clear lights, gold, silver & red balls with a strand of white beads on ours, but I love your tree. you too have my heart sweet friend!!!!
Hugs from cold, rainy (again this week end sometime =) & foggy Cali.
Annette
p.s. I noticed you have sun..whats the temp there?

Brittni said...

Oh what a sweet moment! Lucky little broders! Wish I could have seen that one.

Joni said...

the making of sweet memories is part of the Christmas joy...Brody will remember being on papa's shoulders for a long time...what a treat and what a wonderful tradition!

:)

Debbie said...

I love that tradition you have. So sweet that it is carried on by the grandkids now. I love Brody's outfit, complete with the strand of pearls! :) Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Jamie said...

Oh, i wish i could have been there for this tradition of ours. :) Brody looks like he's so proud of his "job" and I love the way he goes to work!! (undies, 3-day shirt and pearls!!) He's such a sweetie pie and I'm thankful for this tradition. :)

Sally said...

Oh my, such a beautiful, wonderful tradition! The tree is gorgeous, and little Brody is so precious!! ((HUGS))

Jeanne said...

How precious indeed.
Blessings my lovely friend.
You are most lucky indeed to have family around.
Love Jeanne

Donna said...

Aaaawwww! The sequence of photos tells the whole story!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

That is so sweet! My Austin made a star in pre-school that says, Jesus Comes.

We have used that as our topper for our tree for 20 years. He always smiles when he sees it.
And says, "Thanks Mom."

Sending you love, Nita <3