
the last time we bought living room furniture was in 1997.
since then
we have had three children leave home,
an empty nest,
four weddings
and five grandbabies....
so...on sunday, we purchased a leather sofa and loveseat
so...on sunday, we purchased a leather sofa and loveseat
(hoping it is grandkid friendly) :)
to replace our threadbare set.
and with the impending arrival,
i have started realizing.....
i need to simplify!
get rid of things....
the chair that no one sits in,
the extra table that is just for looks,
the clutter.
not only does it provide more room,
not only does it provide more room,
it frees up my housekeeping!!
life is just too short
for dusting and tripping over needless
stuff.
i'm on a mission!


9 comments:
Thanks for your sweet comment! I love your blog and now I'm a "follower"!! Happy day sweetie!hughugs
I need to simplify too, but I'm a muddled mess.
Well, here we go again!! Can't wait to see the new decor!
I hear ya, girl! The more 'simple' the better in my book! :)
Wheee, new furniture and a more simplified decor! Go for it! We've simplified quite a bit over the last couple of years. We need to do some more!
Vonda's comment made me laugh...does she know you or what?
I love simplicity, too bad I'm too busy to chase after it right now...at least in the house. I'm always ready to embrace a simple moment at the drop of a hat though. A bird in the tree can do wonders for my soul...
Before you "throw out" any of your furnishings be sure to check if you guys have a FreeCycle program in your area, someone may want your "junk" and be happy to pick it up (I get rid of a lot of stuff this way!).
Congrats on the new furniture, can't wait to see it in pics!
:)
Good luck with that mama! :) You know....sometimes side tables ARE just for looking at. :)
I too take on that same thing
Declutter and simplify.
Make room for bright beautiful tomorrows..........
Ahhh... the simple life. I find the older I get, the less I need. The desire to buy, buy, buy is so removed anymore. It really is cathartic to 'release' stuff, get rid of it, let go. Kudos to you, girl!
You've been so kind checking in on me and sending your love and prayers. I really am doing very well. This was so opposite when my mom passed away... this time there is peace, closure, no regrets. I know there will be those days when I can't believe that he's gone...that it happened ...so fast. But overall, I am doing well. Thank you for keeping watch over me... love you.
Post a Comment