he told me that his daddy had a snowboard
i said " oh, he does?
well brody, your mommy has one too!"
he says to me,
"no nonnie, daddy has a snowboard, mommy's is an ironing board!!!!"
i wonder if this is what he had in mind?
after picking up asher and journey today,
we ran a few errands.
and because they were so good
i took them to cold stone creamery.
asher immediately picked out chocolate
and journey pointed to the pink (strawberry).
as we were leaving
asher said
"when i was little,
(he's 4)
i went to the store all by myself
and found chocolate,
because chocolate is good for your tummy
and makes your heart sooooooo happy!"
next time....i will have chocolate!


14 comments:
I LOVE it too...out of the mouths of babe's...Amanda & Johnanthon use to say "When I was little" when they were only 5 or 6 maybe, this gave me a smile and a giggle, does this mean we can say "When I was old"? and I love the picture of the lady on the ironing board!!!! I bet you got a good laugh...God's gift's aren't they just the most precious things we've been blessed with and to see the world through their eyes is just phenomenal!!
Now that's funny...make sure his mommy shows him her real snowboard so he knows moms can do more than iron! I just love the cute little things the kids say, always puts a smile in my heart...and boy do I wish chocolate was GOOD for your tummy! :)
Love to you dear friend ~
LOL, he's so cute! I love stories like that!
Goodness me, how sweet!
I have to agree, chocolate makes your heart AND soul happy! :)
I love this post, Kimberly. ((HUGS))
This is so funny! I always wonder how you fine the pictures? And chocolate IS a happy food!!
Hi Kimberly! What a wonderful surprise to find your comments on my new blog, which is truly a "work in progress" right now. That was so sweet of you. Thank you for your kind words. So much of my inspiration for it came from you and Jamie as you can probably tell. (plus I have a great little "subject" to write about:))I had fun doing the ABC's last night:) Yes, I heard that song on your blog too! I LOVE it. I have a cd by Michael McLean that came with a book called "From God's Arms to My Arms to Yours". Have you seen it? It helped me get through the last two months before Rachel was born, so inspirational. I believe I read that he was inspired when asked by a Birthmother to put one of her letters to music for her. I have to share the song "From God's Arms" with Jamie as it is specifically about a baby boy, just a beautiful song...I am excited as I am using "Something Perfect" on the DVD I a making for Rachel's 1st Birthday. I am "making a movie" using a bunch of photos from the past year and am using that song for her birth photos when we first met her and held her etc...tearjerker:) Have a lovely weekend...
What adorable things kids say! I can just see the kids uttering those words to you. Hope you got some good smiles from the kids! Hope you are having a great weekend.
Children are so wise and they make me laugh so hard. What would we do without them?
I love the ironing board surfer!
i read this yesterday morning and I'm still laughing. those little babes....so smart they are :)
though cory MUST get her snowboard out of retirement and show brodes that mamas can boogie too! :)And...since when does cory iron????? :) :)
Fabulous
I love you
What sweet memories.
Fun post sweetie! Gads! That chocolate looks WONDERFUL!!!hughugs
Ooooh...not sure where to say this, but your new picture and backgroud...so pretty! I loved the other picture too...so peaceful, tranquil:)Thanks for your recent comments on my "work in progress" over there:) Hope to have it ready by the 18th, Rachel's Birthday:)
What a great post! Enjoyed it much!
Hugs
Patti
Post a Comment