Monday, February 23, 2009

remembering




i own a pt cruiser.....
and i love
all the different shaped
little cars out there now....
it's always been, that if it isn't really different in shape
i don't know what kind of car it is
and it doesn't appeal to me.
may be a result of one of the cars i grew up with....
i don't remember the year it was, (dad emailed to say it was a 1960)
but it was a p.i.n.k. nash rambler!
how cool was that.....
wish i had that little car now!
(a post from brenda had me reminiscing!)


*****

13 comments:

Sally said...

My rambler was white - you were much classier than I was!!

When you mention the PT cruiser, it got me to remembering:

My daughter's sis-in-law "LUPE"; when they first came out in Knoxville, played musical chairs in one; the last person to sit in that car for days on end, won!! She didn't!! hahahaha

We thought at the time she was a little 'squirrelly' - still do. hahaha

Brenda said...

I love it! To have a pink rambler now would be a RAD ride!

Annette said...

When I saw this pink car, I thought "How cool, a pink car for breast awareness" every time I see pink I think about you and your walk and Sweet, Sweet Deena! I liked the car.
Hugs
Annette

Jeanne said...

Love this
Think Pink
I always do

Donna said...

That is cute! I had an aqua one for a while, LOL.

I love the styling of those cruisers!

Joni said...

Very cool! Then you would just love our little Morris Minor! It's actually a project in the garage right now, but we used to bee bop around in that and it was sooo fun! I love old cars. When the PT Cruiser came out we almost purchased one just for its nostalgic lines. I'm waiting for Camaro to come out with a newbie like Mustang has and then I might start looking...my very first car was a 1968 camaro! I'm currently driving an 03 Tahoe, but now that I'm not hauling around lots of kids and sports equipment it is way too big!

So nice to "hear" your voice this morning! Drank my coffee at your place, listened to your music and now I'm set for the day!

Have a spectacular and beautiful day my sweet friend...seize all those moments! :)

Jamie said...

I didn't know you had a rambler! :) How fun....and that it was pink!! Wish we had it now to cruise around during the 3-Day!! :)

Annette said...

I could see you driving it and honking the horn, laughing, and cheering people on, for the Susan G. Kolman walk, with Grand babies standing in the back seat....giggling and waving at the people, cant you?
Love ya bunches
Annette

SweetAnnee said...

I love it..
We had a black Rambler
when I was about 7
I did have a PT Cruiser, I thought it was
such a fun car!!

Love ya
Deena

Carol Dunton said...

HAHAHA!!!!!!! What a SWEET RIDE that would be today! I would make a map to my house and, girrrrrrrrrrrrl, you would pick me up and we would cruise around with pink slushies and the music cranked! Oh, what fun! : )
xox
VB

Vonda said...

Do you remember Peg M. saying that if everyone had a pink car...it would be a "Pink Carnation"! Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Kim, my good friend Joy has a pink rambler! She drove by it a couple of years ago and fell in love and then drove by another time when there was a for sale sign in her windshield and Joy couldn't pass her up. Her name is Rosie and she is too cute! If you need an in person trip down memory lane there's one residing in Queen Creek right now. Love to the fam!

pchickki said...

I have a PT also and I love it. Both my 100 lb dogs fit in just rignt.

I had a boy friend in the 8th grade that picked me up in his little red nash rambler Boy does that bring back memories.

Thanks for sharing
God Bless you
Patti