Thursday, September 4, 2008

unwanted clutter

yesterday jessamyn and i spent the better part of three hours pulling weeds
there is something therapeutic
about reaching down,
wrapping your hand around a fistful of weeds,
pulling
and having the earth let go of its unwanted clutter-
root and all
there is extreme satisfaction in the progress being made

it was back breaking, sweaty, hot, tiring work...
but somewhere in the quiet, shared repetition
i found my mind releasing its unwanted clutter
and allowing me to reclaim the space
for new thoughts, dreams, adventures, and plans.



and as you can see....i haven't quite figured out
if the changes are definite....
c'mon....you know it's a girl's perrogative to change her mind!

13 comments:

Annette said...

I love the new look, and yes us girls do change our minds allot, I think that might be one reason why God women, never to underestimed. imagine the bordem we'd all feel if we couldnt change our mind's! I enjoy outside work to some degree, I feel like I'm cleaning house for mother nature and giving back.
I love you dear friend
xoxoxo
Annette

Joni said...

This is exactly why I love gardening...not the end result, but the therapeutic movements orchestrated by thought that bring peace, satisfaction, and hope. I'm glad you were able to work some of the "clutter" out...this will make room for new things to blossom! And you just change until your little heart is content because yes, we do have that prerogative and it lends itself quite nicely to spontaneity which is almost always fun...so kick up your heels...paint the walls of your blog, hang new pictures...change is good for however long it lasts.

Brenda said...

I need to get rid of some unwanted clutter myself but I have this problem with deciding it's not so unwanted when it comes time to the getting rid of part.

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I am happy to call you friend. The words you left me today and yesterday helped my heart so much. I am just so lost without John.
I am trying so hard to heal. But the past two days I have had the wind knocked out of my sails.
The rain and the fall weather, I feel has much to do with feeling this way.
He loved both..
Sending you love, Nita

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Kimberly, I forgot to add that I think working in the garden does much for the soul. I have went out everyday and done something, even if it was for only a few minutes.
xoxo Nita

Jamie said...

After spending the day with you yesterday, I think the previous clutter of your mind was replaced with "oh, my back!", "oh, my hands are so sore!", "oh, it hurts to sit down!", "oh, no..it's okay...I'm just sore from pulling weeds!". :) :)
I let out a sigh of relief when I read "walk the beach"....okay...now things can get back to normal. :)

kimberly said...

no, jame.....it is replaced with the image of you and matt's experience with the reflexology warriors. :) i think i laughed all the way home!

Jeanne said...

I love you my sweet friend.
Less is more
The less we have the less we have to worry about.
Our children are minimalist and when one new thing comes in something goes to the ones in need.
I love you
Here's to new beginnings
and love and smiles and loved ones beside us.
Love you

Sally said...

My daughter and I did the very same thing, but on Thursday. I'm still walkin' around like every bone is broken, but that's okay; it was well worth it. We sure can get a lot of thinkin' done during that time.

I LOVE your window - you just wouldn't believe how much that reminds me of a "window" from my youth and the peace it brings. ((HUGS))

Carol Dunton said...

I love the new look, k.... the photo is a beauty and the black background is striking - in a good way. I think part of my restlessness of late has been that I haven't been outdoors much... working in my gardens, raking the earth, tending to weeds and dressing up the canvas outside. Being housebound during these hot summer months tries my spirit...so yeah for you and your daughter braving the heat and getting dirty! : ) Thank you for your visits and hugs....you are a dear and really..some day we need to get together face to face!! : )
Have a wonderful September weekend!
VB

Cory said...

Okay, so now I need to know about the reflexology warriors :)
I like the new change too mom!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Kimberly, thank you for the kind comment. You are dear to my heart.
Sending you love, Nita

SweetAnnee said...

I love the new look

Isn't weed pulling in the hear the WORST thing ..
eeekk
but a garden is lovely..
smiles, Deena