Saturday, September 13, 2008

oh my soul


i gave this little book
"Tea Time Thoughts"
to my mom for Christmas one year....because she loved tea!
when she passed away....it came back to me
and i keep it next to my tea kettle.
i don't always look at the thought for each day
but today i did

September 13th:
"Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation"
~elton trueblood
&
"Now Faith is being sure of what we hope for
and certain
of what we do not see."

words aptly spoken to prayers lifted up.

5 comments:

Joni said...

beautiful words...and it's very nice to revisit the things we hold sentimental in our hearts...I love that you shared this with us today. Faith is often the last thing we have to hold on to..."trust without reservation" for certain.

Enjoy a cup of tea for me, dear friend ~

Hugs ~

Annette said...

I love the qoute....I have a shirt of my dad's and some time's I will pull it out and just hold it, smell it, hoping I catch his sent, I go through it to find a piece of his hair, what he had left, it's just so calming to me. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of something that is specail to you!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Annette

Brenda said...

Lovely things to think on and so beautiful that you keep this nearby.

Joni said...

I think I like this one better...what do you think?

...because it's a girl's prerogative...*wink.

Sally said...

So very beautiful. I don't know where we'd be without faith. Thanks so much for sharing this, Kimberly. ((HUGS))