Wednesday, September 10, 2008

he drives this way.....i drive that way

i've noticed something in the last 6 months or so.
my husband and i always arrive at the same place
but we take different routes.
driving to the airport
a quick trip to costco
a jaunt to the mall
taking him to catch the bus
he goes this way.....i go that way
i give someone directions
and he says
"or they could just take the --- to the ----!"
i don't know why this is.
  • maybe i'm just a person of habit
  • just like the scenery my way
  • have convinced myself it is most direct
  • think it makes perfect sense

wonder if any one else has noticed this?

on the positive side:
we'll always have a backup route in case of a detour!

10 comments:

Brenda said...

It's great that you know all of your options.

Jamie said...

Matt and I always do this!! There have been many times that (when we're driving separately) we'll each go our "own" way and see who gets home first. But I always say "no cheating! You HAVE to go the speed limit." :)
Sometimes I really don't get why he goes certain ways to get to certain places...to me it just makes sense to go my way! :)

Annette said...

I smiled when I read this...Larry and I are the same way! I swear mine is better, less light's, less traffic & ect and he say's the same, but in all honesty....my way is the best=) kind of like our walk with Lord, one wrong turn and it can mean trouble, and the U turn is a tough one.
Love ya
Annette

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Variety is the spice of life. John and I always took opposite ways when we drove.
It was really funny. But he liked his way and I liked my way.
Thank you Kimberly for the kind comments. I am sending warm thoughts your way..
Love Nita

Joni said...

I have my favorite ways to go too...and then when I'm a passenger I'll ask, "Why are you going this way?"...lol...it's always good to change things up now and then and get a fresh perspective...I'll try to remember that next time!

Jeanne said...

Love and hugs and kisses
Jeanne

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

ha thats funny.

david santos said...

Excellent!!!
Good idea!!!
Congratulations!!!

pchickki said...

Sounds all to familiar!
Hugs
Patti

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I really loved your tribute.
And thank you for the comment..
Sending you love, Nita