Friday, February 12, 2010

simplifying

To find the universal elements enough;
to find the air and the water exhilarating;
to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter...
to be thrilled by the stars at night;
to be elated over a bird's nest
or a wildflower in spring -
these are some of the rewards of the simple life.
~John Burroughs

it has come to my attention
that i so need to simplify.
it is becoming burdensome...
so much clutter..
so much noise....
so much.
baggage.
oh to live simply

9 comments:

Donna said...

It is a constant challenge, I know! We have about 2/3 of the possessions we had 3 years ago, as we embarked upon our downsizing effort. And we STILL have too much stuff!

Jamie said...

i love this poem ~ and too feel the need for "de-cluttering". :)
simple is good...we need more of it. :)

Jeanne said...

Me too
I love you
Happy Valentine's Day
Love Jeanne

Sally said...

Amen. I agree. :)

Donna said...

Beautifully said Kimberly!! I probably need to follow this advice as well!
Happy night to you!!
hughugs

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Me too! This is all we have been talking about since before the holidays. I must get it done:)...so much stuff...too much stuff...you said it so well...Lori :-)

Joni said...

Beautifully stated and aimed right at my heart. Simplifying in progress - that's me!
I can't believe I forgot to post a Valentine on my blog yesterday. Shame on me. I've had to work at Hallmark every day this week!! So much for having a 4-day weekend, and my crazy spring semester starts tomorrow. If I can't juggle it, guess what goes? The only job that pays. It's a crazy life. I'm sure looking forward to my Easter break though! :)))))

Joni said...

I forgot to tell you...I love love love your new header!

Annette said...

Thats a beautiful poem, I'll be so happy when my life gets back to simplicity.. but I wonder if thats ever going to happen. Thank you for a wonderful reminder.

Love to you always
Annette