Monday, February 8, 2010

harley lessons

things i have learned from our harley rides:
~to confront my fears
~that my husband will never be ok living anywhere he can't ride several time a week
(where it rains, or is too cold)
and last but not least....
~i am learning to appreciate the desert.
i grew up here. and until recently, really didn't appreciate fully, the desert beauty. it was something i was weary of....and used to. but on the harley...out in the open...not seeing it through glass windows....i see the majesty of it, and am appreciating it more with each ride.
i like that!

5 comments:

Vonda said...

I get what you mean. I never realized the desert beauty until after I retired. One pretty ride is the dirt road out past Lake Pleasant. I love the purple mountains especially when white fluffy clouds are floating around.

Jamie said...

yes ~ when you asked me how i would feel if you moved out into the desert onto some land for the kiddos to roam my first thought was "my MOM wants to move "out into the desert??"! what in the world just happened?! :)
so glad you are growing to appreciate this land we live in. :)

Jeanne said...

Love you
Happy Valentine's Day
Love Jeanne♥

Brittni said...

Bummer that you will just have to stay put here in AZ! :) Maybe I need to go on a ride to appreciate what the desert has to offer me. :) It might be a little difficult at this point but hey maybe it will get this little boy thinking he might want to join the outside world!

Joni said...

You are reaffirming your reinvention of life, yes? To see the splendor in our surroundings is an effort we should put forth regularly. Indeed there is beauty in everything. I'm so glad you get to experience this new way of looking at things - carefree and adventurous!