Wednesday, February 3, 2010

just do it!

if you stare at it long enough/ the mountain becomes unclimbable.
tally it up. how much time have you spent / waiting for the soup to cool?
icicles hang from january gutters / only as long as they can.
fingers pause above piano keys for the chord / that will not form.
slam them down / i say. make music of what you can.

3 comments:

Annette said...

This reminds me once when my Johnathon was little "Johnanthon, what would YOU like to do today" I as I was driving, "Let's go over there Momma" as his little finger pointed to the mountains "It's to far sweety" "No, just drive straight and we'll be there" I should have just slammed my foot on the gas pedal and went... I made sweet music in my head this morning as I thought about my brother, sweet music to my thoughts and his ears!!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!

Hugs always~
Annete

Sally said...

How very, very true!! I love this, Kimberly. (((hugs)))

Joni said...

Love it!...Yes, play on! "Make music of what you can"

Dear friend, your emails keep arriving blank. Not sure why. I've even tried forwarding them to my other email, but at last - invisible to my eyes. Send me whatever it is you said via the FB message option if you don't mind! Good grief.