Saturday, August 16, 2008

yummmmy!

"our organics" food basket

jessamyn and brittni have been getting these baskets
for quite some time now.
they are from "our organics".

so this morning, i went with britt and got our first basket.
what a beautiful array of veggies and fruit.....
and this was one of their half baskets for $35.00
every other saturday!

their vision is to bring meaning plus connection
back into our shopping, cooking and everyday experiences.
they believe that food grown with a respect for our bodies
and mother earth
creates the foundation to make this vision possible.

if you are interested, just go to the website.
todd is so friendly and would answer any questions
and they have several locations....
now i just need to do my part
and find ways to use this beautiful basket.....
so i guess i'll be cooking more! :)

9 comments:

Brenda said...

It all looks delicious! The only organic goodies around here are the ones we grow in our garden out back.

Joni said...

I'm always on the look out for organic foods, even our milk...we made the switch some time ago. What a great place to find delicious and healthy foods. I wish we had something like that! We have co-op gardens, but I don't have consistent free time that I could contribute to the goodness of that idea! You'll have to whip up some healthy dishes this week to get all that wonderful produce used up...I bet it was fun going with the girls...do they pre-sort your basket or do you get to pick and choose?

jessamyn said...

I'm so glad that you joined up mama! Quality people and quality food. I have been blessed to eat this yummy produce since February...and it really does wonders for the soul and the body.
lots of love.

Jeanne said...

Love and hugs and here's to all things pure and benefit us all.
Blessings

Thanks for your food for thought~

SweetAnnee said...

A great idea..
I love cooking with
fresh ingredients
and organic is even
better.
Get to cooking...smiles to you,
deena

Brittni said...

Yummy is right! I'm glad you will get to enjoy these baskets as much as I have! If and when you find some good recipes, let me know!

Jamie said...

Looks delicious! :) Too bad I'm a committment phobe and am unable to make the decision to sign up too! :) We are going to have a farmer's market right by our house starting in October (every other Wed.) and I'm planning to do my produce shopping there ~ can't wait!! :)Enjoy your goodness! :)

Sally said...

Wow, now that is just wonderful!! This makes me think of all the great things my mom would plant in her big gardens. It looks like you have a great assortment. Enjoy! BAM! :)

pchickki said...

Organic is so good for you. Our neighbor has a huge garden and he shares with us. I call him my produce man.

Thanks for the comments on my blog regarding "Blogging without Obligation" and on my granddaughter and my butterfly.

She really does have a variety of elephants in her collection! Did you ever get your baby elephant? :(

Hope you are having a good day.
God Bless You
Hugs
Patti