Wednesday, August 6, 2008

peace and love


a couple of day ago, while driving,
the car in front of me had the following bumper sticker:
"are you good for the environment?"

it really made me think.....
not so much about the three R's
reduce, reuse and recycle
which are very important....

but it made me think about ME
what kind of "fragrance" or "vibes" do i give off?
are they good for the environment?

this is a list of things i would like to have in my life
so that i would be "good" for the environment
  • show love by my deeds
  • lift others up through love and encouragment
  • listen better and be considerate of others
  • be genuinely happy for the success of others
  • be respectful of others
  • be kind
  • be humble
  • be willing to help others with their needs
  • be a giving person
  • be patient
  • seek peace
  • be forgiving
  • be hopeful, positive
  • treat all others as i would like to be treated
  • don't return harm for harm, but return love and good

a lot to work on,
but i am thankful for being reminded
we can do our part to make this a better world
and it does begin within our own selves

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Amen
Love you

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Good words Kimberly. Thanks so much for passing this on and adding your words. They really hit home with me too.

Lots of love, Phyllis

pchickki said...

Great post. Makes you stop and think.
Recycle is big in my life both material and physical. Thanks

Also thanks for stopping by my blog and the comment you left for Lori's Birthday and our up coming visit to Freedom. I will be sure to take pictures for all to see.

Hugs
Patti

Annette said...

you are an EXCELLENT sourse for our enviroment!!! isnt it funny how something so simple makes us think about things, I did that the other day but cant remember what it was...you are everything you listed and then some. Love you so much, and so thankful I got to know you....Love always from one friend to another friend
Annette

Anonymous said...

Very well said Nonnie!♥

Vonda said...

This is something to really think about. I wouldn't want to give off caustic fumes!!

The picture is gorgeous.

Joni said...

you can't possibly know how this post is resonating with me these days or can you? We seem to be getting dialed into each other or we have a great deal in common...either way, you have beautifully articulated what has been in my heart and I have been falling into this message everywhere I go lately... I think I am being nudged into action...through the books I have been reading and the people I have "bumped" into lately...I think Gandhi had something when he said "You must be the change you wish to see in the world"....I think the things you have listed here are evidence that you are good for the environment...and I love that you are sharing it with all of us ~

sending you love ~

Sally said...

Oh my, what a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing; yes, we can all do our part. :)

kimberly said...

thank you all for your wonderful comments.....and every one of you give off a wonderful "fragrance" every time i visit your blog or hear from you....and that has meant so much!
hugs
kimberly