
elephant appreciation day is today....
this is a big elephant sized day...
celebrate it in a big way!
when i was a little girl...maybe 4 or 5...i had a dream that i got a baby elephant and that we would drive in the car and i would walk it alongside the car on a leash i held through the open car window......it was a VERY real dream to me....so when my dad came home one day and told me he had a surprise for me in the trunk of the car.....i screamed "my baby elephant!!!"....and ran outside, only to be met with a brand new shiny red firetruck that i could sit in and push with my feet! i guess i was crushed.
when i was pregnant with jamie, bryan and i went to see dumbo....and i rode the dumbo ride at Disneyland when i was in my 40's....before grandkids...and i occasionally get an elephant statue or toy from the kids or bryan to make me feel the dream is alive! :-)
so, today since i won't be visiting the zoo....or going on a safari...i think i will celebrate and eat a big bag of peanuts!!!!!
happy celebrating!


9 comments:
Ahhhhh!!! What a wonderful story!! Wishing you an "Elephant" day!!!hughugs
I cried when I saw that movie, when they made fun of him, I cried at Bambi as well, when he was in the meadow calling out for his mother. I love how you imagined the elephant walking along the side of your parents car! They are truly such a gentle God given creature, I love their eyes lashes!! This made me smile. I LOVE you~
Hugs
Annette
Kristin recently took on an attraction for elephants...but they have to be the safari looking kind I've been told...I think it's some sort of connection to Africa? I think it's cute that you expected an elephant, although it's probably a good thing it never materialized...imagine the chores you would have had at such an early age! (They have BIG poops). If I remember correctly, the elephant is a sign of royalty in some countries? Interesting tidbit that may entitle you to a glamorous throne!
About the much anticipated road trip...yes, weekends work best. Those are the only days I can skip out...the other days of the week I am a mere subordinate and have to adhere to the schedule of others. Saturday or Sunday (ha, or both!)...whatever is best for you guys, just let me know and I'll haul Annette and I over to wherever you are, it's only about a two hour drive to our coastline. We'll be the wild women crashing into town with tattoos and nose piercings...ha ha.
Well now, there's a lot of truth to that.
:)
Well, I hope you don't get a bellyache eating all those peanuts!!
Aw, cute story, sweet picture. We just saw the elephants at the Houston Zoo on Friday. Rachel's Grandma (my mom) bought her an adorable little stuffed one at the gift shop:)...Smiles, Lori & Rachel...
What a wonderful dream! Dumbo was always one of my favorite animated movies!
What a sweet memory and story. I will now think of you every time I see an elephant. Hope all is well with you and you are ready for the adventures to come. Enjoy your day and love to you both...
I love elephants
Love you
Jeanne♥
I saw a stuffed baby elephant yesterday at Costco. It stood about waist high and cost only $800.00!
Post a Comment