Saturday, May 23, 2009

living

i found this photo of bryan and i
while looking for photos for mother's day.
i put it on the picture board, and several of the girls asked for copies.
it started me thinking about all the living i have done....
everything that has been my privilege to be a part of.
all the experiences that have been my journey,
that make me who i am today.
who i was in my younger days....
who and what i have become today.
and i feel very blessed
to have such a full life
full of amazing memories and experiences.....
a few days ago, this quote awaited me from my "tea time thoughts"
"do not regret growing older. it is a privilege denied to many"
hopefully i will keep in mind to joy in each day to come
and be brave enough to do those things
that call my name!
(i love this quote cory has on her blog)
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." --
Danny Kaye

10 comments:

Sally said...

Awwww.

I have tears welling.

That is so beautiful.

(You both remind me of my little brother and sis-in-law; someday I'll send you a picture that looks so much like yours & Bryan's, it's unreal) :)

(((hugs)))

Jamie said...

this brings tears to my eyes. :) i love you both so much and i'm so thankful you are my mom. :)

Brenda said...

What a wonderful treasure you have in that photo memory!

Jeanne said...

Love you my darling one

Joni said...

I love your positive attitude and also the quotes you share. Just this morning in the wee hours while I was waiting for Lacey (a 3am habit of hers)to patrol the yard, I was looking around soaking in the past twenty years of living in my home, thinking how fast it has gone and how much growing has occured. I like the idea that there is still some white space on my canvas...I hope I use it wisely, there is still so much I want to do! ...any plans this summer?

xoxoxo

Carol Dunton said...

simply beautiful

Annette said...

O Kim,
I love the picture, and I love your sweet gentle thoughts about life, you never have a bad word, thought, or thoughts on any thing! Your a wonderful person who has helped me in so many ways, that you don't understand, when I thought or think my canvas is covered in complete black or gray, you ALWAYS show me there is another beautiful color in it... I love you!!!!!!
Love always with a hug~
Annette

jessamyn said...

oh i love that quote that you found during your tea time!
and i can't wait to get my copy of this image to look at each day!
love you both~

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

You guys look madly in love..Your post really touched me. I am so happy I meet you.
xoxo Nita

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Such a sweet, sweet post.

Hugs, Phyllis