Tuesday, October 14, 2008

a month from today

a month from today
i will be participating in my 3rd
Breast Cancer 3-Day
November 14-16, 2008
20 miles each day
60 miles total
raising a minimum of $2200.00
with the generous support
of wonderful friends, family, neighbors
and a great garage sale!


i walked 16 miles this past Sunday
my dear husband walked 8 of those with me.
we met jamie and matt at our sweet coffee shop
and they took bryan home after breakfast
and i walked home. :)
the weather was absolutely heavenly
and the walk was wonderful
let's hope the cool weather continues
for the rest of training and the actual walk.


this year i will be walking again with my brother...
and his daughter is also walking this year
we also have a cousin walking on another team
we all walk for one purpose:
a world without Breast Cancer
and as i saw on another blog this morning
for
"when pink is just a color again"


Our past 3-Day Walks

Cory and Jessamyn (two my my daughters) 2005

Kenneth (my bro) and me ~ 2006

Kenneth and me ~ 2007

11 comments:

Karen M said...

That is so neat. I'm glad you are doing this. It is a great cause.

Brenda said...

Congrats on your past successful walks and the best of luck for this one. It's a wonderful thing you're doing!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Your daughters look so much like you! And you all are beautiful..
I wish I lived near you I would walk with you. I love to go walking..
Good luck ! xoxo Nita

P.s thanks for the comment <3

Sally said...

God bless you all for what you're doing. Wish I could be there to walk with you. (HUGS)

Debbie said...

You are such an amazingly strong woman in so many ways. I am glad that my daughter is growing up in a world where she can look at people and realize that one person can make a difference. We will be out there cheering you on this year. I will even need to get Jacob a pink shirt! Hope your feet are feeling good...

Jeanne said...

I love to see all the pictures
Love you darling one.
God bless you
and all that do so much good for everyone.
Love Jeanne

Joni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh how I wish I could be there walking and talking and walking and talking...but just know I am wearing PINK that day to honor your efforts...Go Kimberly!
And yes, one person can make a difference!

xoxoxo

Annette said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!! stopping by to say "SURPRISE" I missed you!
Love me

Jamie said...

Way to go mom!! :) I'm always glad you are able to do this because I know how much it means to you....but I'm always glad when it's over too because I worry... :)
Love you!

pchickki said...

Congratulations on your 3rd walk and your wonderful effort.
Hugs
Patti

SweetAnnee said...

wooohoooo
I want put this on MY blog

may I??