Saturday, October 11, 2008

it's over!

well, i had my yearly garage sale
to raise funds for my Breast Cancer 3-Day
and it is over!!!!
i have this weird thing about garage sales....
i get anxiety over them
or at least i have in the past...
to the point that i can't sleep the night before!
my girls and family can't quite understand
what the big deal is about....
you put your stuff out
people look at it
and they buy it......
i think my anxiety goes back to when i sold tupperware....
i was always afraid i would show up to sell it and no one would come to the party!
anyway...
i made great strides this year....
i actually slept the night before our sale...
not one ounce of anxiety.
guess i'm not going to need therapy for it after all!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand that feeling.. I am glad you did on your sale. What a great cause.
I am proud of you for doing that. And thank you for your kind words. They mean more than you know.
Love Nita

Joni said...

You have just been a very busy girl! I was going to have a garage sale at the end of summer and then I ended up giving most of it away and then calling Salvation Army to pick the rest up....shame on me. My mom and I use to have an annual garage sale and I miss doing that with her. I hope you made lots of $$$ for your cancer walk....GO KIMBERLY!

Jeanne said...

I am so glad everything went so well for you dear one.
Love and hugs
Jeanne

Sally said...

You're a good person, Kimberly. I know that feeling about selling Tupperware from long, long ago. I was so shy, I just set the stuff out and said "Here it is". ((HUGS))

Jamie said...

Good job mama! :) We should know by now that people ALWAYS come to garage sales....at least here! :)

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

I wish I could've come! You are so kind, as always. (and a bit silly too )

Brenda said...

I can't sell an umbrella in a rain storm. Glad you got through it and it was better for you this time. Didja have some good stuff?

Vonda said...

At least at a garage sale you don't have to entertain the people!! But then again you probably provide clowns and balloons?? he he

Simplicity Wins said...

Congratulations Kim....I hope it was a big success for you!

jessamyn said...

are you sure you got sleep? you were up the night i was there!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Kimberly, Thank you..
xoxo Nita