
today we are commemorating
deena's journey
that began a year ago today.
i am walking in the Arizona 3-Day
November 14-16
along with my brother and his daughter.
we walk in memory or our mother/grandmother
Juanita.....thus our team name "Juanita's Kids".
the 3-Day is a journey
of 20 miles each day for 3 days
and we sleep in tents each night.
we raise at least $2200.00 for the privilege to walk
and
net proceeds benefit
Susan G. Komen for the Cure
and National Philanthropic Trust.
each year our team designs shirts
to tell who we are
and why we walk.....
today, in Support of Deena's Journey,
i would love to invite each one of you who comments
to leave the name of a loved one or two who has been affected by this disease.
please let me know if i would be walking
In Memory.....In Honor .....or In Support
of them.
i will be then taking the names
and making a transfer template
and wearing that shirt one of the three days we walk,
i would love to walk not only for my loved ones,
but yours as well.

please click and feel free to visit!


11 comments:
What an incredible tribute to your mother! I hope you are able to raise a lot of money toward a great cause. I have a dear friend who just completed a lumpectomy and radiation therapy this last week for her cancer treatment. Her name is Terry Mann. I guess she falls in the category of In Support of. Thanks!
I'm sure your mother is looking down with a smile. I'm so lucky that this horrible disease hasn't struck any of the women in our family.
May your shoes have wings as you walk for the cause.
Once again I am reminded of how much I admire you and the strength you possess and you have passed onto your daughters. My aunt Stacey is now a 11 year survivor of breast cancer. It is amazing how many people are affected by this. Hopefully with the research going on that won't be true in the future. Thank you for what you do each year.
As I read your post this morning and I read Deena's name and how you wanted names of people that we know that are affected by this terrible thing I started crying... and still am, I'm a big' ol cry baby when it comes to this "c" word. May God and all of his angels lift you up when your start feeling tired, I bet this is a very spiritual thing,I can imagine the conversations you'll be having with God.
I LOVE YOU!!!
Annette
p.s. Here's my list =)
In honor: my mom ~ Joyce Rieg
In memory: my Dad ~ Gilbert Medeiros.
How beautiful and lovely my precious friend..........
I love you
Jeanne
Cancer has taken the lives of many I know
(last names left off)
Tom
Cheryl Ann
Lee Ann
Jeff
Barbara
in Our own immediate family and
many friends have faced losses to this horrible disease.
I love you too..because of your amazing heart.
my aunt Sissy..my uncle Bob.
xoxo Nita
God bless you.
In honor of my sis-in-law's mother, Edna - 84 in December and undergoing radiation.
Thanks so much. (HUGS)
Hi mom :)
What a great idea....
I have one you can add to your list.
In honor of Quinta Baca
a little angel you are...collecting the names of our loved ones and honoring their memory or survival...something tells me the day you wear this shirt you will be carried by power that isn't your own...you warm my heart Kimberly!
In memory of Jim Miner.
May I tell you how wonderful I think you are for doing this event?? It's not easy, it's a challenge and it's an investment in so many ways. But you are an amazing spirit to do this for your mother/grandmother and so many. I will be thinking of you..wishing you happy feet and strength and love with every step. Bless you, dear woman.... you do so much for so many.
In memory of my grandmother, Maggie Saxby.
VB
What a wonderful thing you are doing !!!
I have lost Lynn, KC and Ginny to breast cancer.
Bless you and good luck ! You are an asset to this very hard disease!
Hugs
Patti
Post a Comment