for the memories it finds and brings back
for the many feelings it evokes in us
for it's ability to uplift
for the way it makes us move
for the need i have..... to not only listen, but to feel it
for the part it has played in my life
starting years ago through today
today i am thankful for music
for without it, i wouldn't be who i am


5 comments:
How can it be that you get to me with your Christmas music even when I live outside the house!! I agree music is an amazing part of a happy life! I love that I have a mom that dances around the house to her own music and rhythm! I love you!
Oh, Kim, I have so many memories of your music...singing the lead of Gretel in Hansel & Gretel in grade school. In High School I can't remember the thing you kids put on sort of like an Irish dirge that your teacher got raked over the coals for but that was one of the most beautiful things I ever heard. And then that glorious rock thing you sang in and I can't remember the title of it but didn't it have that song "Up Up and Away in my beautiful balloon..... It was a certain group that sang that music but my mind is drawing nothing but blanks. Oh I remember now..The Fifth Dimension. How you taught yourself to play Leaving On a Jet Plane on the guitar just so you could sing it. How you and Bryan sang and played The Wedding Song at your own wedding reception; how you and Bryan wowed the crowd at my 60th high school reunion by playing and singing Lie Down Betty, and several songs from the Folk song era. Your music has brought me happiness and also pride in you. I too have always been thankful for your music. If I remember correctly you and I even sang duets at a couple of weddings. Music has been a big part of my life too but it was more in the line of church solos, duets, trios, quartets and at funerals and weddings.But my pride has always been in your voice and performances. You have made me proud, my darling daughter! Thank you!!!! Your grateful Dad.
Oh my, what would I do without music!!! Isn't there a saying "music makes the world go round" :) Something about it is sooo incredibly therapeutic... especially when you find one that can feel with your whole body.
By the way, I have been trying to figure out how to put music to my blog and obviously haven't had much luck.... it looked too confusing!!! Teach me :)
mom, you are definitely and music lady...i think you have passed that joy down to your children! i just wish you and dad would still share the music that you make together...it is sooooo special!
amen to cassie...where have you guys been with the guitar and song?
Post a Comment