what a great day for staying in and getting in the holiday spirit
but for a few more days.....i'll enjoy the sparkle of my "other" one!

this is my favorite season of the year
hope we can all slow down enough to take it all in
.......an unfinished journey
6 comments:
I needed this blog tonight Kim. Your blogs are so down to earth and so real allowing people to wrap their arms around them and take them in. I haven't really been in the Christmas spirit and this blog gave me hope. All of your life since a child you have loved Christmas. You kept it alive in our home and I am grateful for that(you know what I mean). I enjoyed Thanksgiving so much and thought that I would be ready on Friday to embrace the approaching Christmas with open arms. So when Alberto came home Friday evening and suggested we go out and celebrate together because he had no Thanksgiving at all not even at the church. He suggested Monti's La Casa Vieja which sounded good to me. So off we went. He had filet mignon and I had prime rib. Everything tasted delicious but I woke up at 2:45 with severe stomach cramps and vomiting. So I evidently got food poisoning from the prime rib because everything else on our plates was the same except for the meat And Alberto was not affected at all. So I was sick all of Saturday and Sunday. Today I am much much better and by tomorrow I hope I am at full throttle.
So finding your blog tonight brought me joy and comfort in knowing that you have never let the cares of life and the hectic pace destroy or even put a dent in your Christmas Spirit. Your Christmas Spirit is contagious and I think I caught a little of it tonigh reading your words and seeing your beautiful pictures. Thank you so much my beautiful daughter for encouraging me. DAD
so sorry to hear you were sick, dad. hope you continue to feel better.
glad to pass a little christmas cheer your way! :)
love you,
Wouldn't it be great if we could all just slow down and enjoy the season with our family and friends?
I clicked on the "Feed the Hungry" thinking that I would eventually come to an end - but after getting a 1,000 grains of rice - I came to the conclusion that I could still be on it until next December?
Mom I love your pictures!!!! I actually have listened to some Christmas music believe it or not! Sorry you were sick Grandpa! Let us know next time!!!! Love you
your pictures are so pretty mom! i love this time of year too, but it always seems to go by too soon. hopefully this year will slow down and give us some time to breathe in the joy and peace that this season brings.
great pics mom! your house shines bright with holiday cheer!
Post a Comment