the 3-Day countdown has begun:
complete a 20 mile training walk------check
make shirts.......check
pack: clothes, extra shoes, band-aids, moleskin, sleeping bag, blanket, flashlight, journal, air mattress, sox, fanny pack, water bottles and a desire to make every minute count------check
i am so thankful to be a part of this experience and that i have the ability to do what some are not able to do.......walk.
the video below is not to make you sad .......it is to show you why people walk.....
and there are 100's of stories just like these from those we meet on this amazing journey.
Opening ceremonies begin around 7:00 this Friday morning and Closing ceremonies will be around 4:30 Sunday afternoon.
in the meantime, we will have walked 60 miles and met countless others walking and sharing for the same cause with different reasons
i will be walking for our loved ones and friends and for those you mentioned in your comments
and as brenda said in her comment "may our shoes have wings as we walk for this cause" :)
thank you to everyone who has made this possible and supported me in all ways...... i could not do this without all of you!!
i'll see you soon.
"Everyone Deserves a Lifetime"


18 comments:
alright...I'm sitting here balling...cant hardly see the key board here.........words cant describe how I love you and hold you so close....your just unremarkable to me. you already know I will pray for you, pray that the weather is fabulous, pray for your and all the other people safety, and ask God to rejuvenate you when you start feeling tired.
when is last day on blogging, I want to do something sweet for you!
I so love you
Annette
p.s.
I WANT A CURE...WHEN DO I WANT IT? NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. I'm joining Joni, and wearing pink all week~end!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Annette
Love and hugs to you darling one.
Love Jeanne
I'm so proud of you for doing this!!
I'll pray for you this weekend, too. And I'm praying for a cure!
You are so amazing for doing this and supporting so many. We will be out there wearing our pink and cheering you on. I even have a pink shirt for Jacob! Can't wait to yell and cheer for you! :)
Good luck to you and God bless! I can't do anything like that now, so it is great that you can. Don't forget to pack some moleskin for blisters, LOL!
Go Mama!!!! We will be there cheering you, uncle Kenny and Ray on!!!! GO JAUNITA'S KIDS
Safe walk Miz Nonnie!
I have been thinking of you today and wondering how you were doing and all of your preparation.....My dear friend...please know that although we have never met in person, I am in awe of your spirit and strength and wisdom. I am saying my prayers for you for a wonderful experience...safe and sound and full of love...and not too many blisters! God be with you, K.... We love you!
xo
VB
Right now I'm wishing I could fly there and surprise you on the sidelines, but you wouldn't know who I was! How funny is that? Then reality sets in and school work takes precedence...but not in my heart. I'm so proud of you! My heart is touched by your sweet spirit and loving strength...take care of those tootsies and know you are loved by the whole lot of us!...and don't dilly dally when you get home, we want to see pictures!
Have a beautiful weekend ~
:)
Kimberly, you and Joni inspire me so much. I know we have never meet in person, but I love you guys so much.
You are just a healing touch in world full of pain.
Love Nita
go mama go! :) I'm so proud of you!!
May God bless ALL of you wonderful people! I'll be thinking and praying for you, Kimberly. Go YOU!!
Look...I know your gone, but friends like to play tag right? so while you where gone I tagged you, hehehehe
go to my Fridays post and check it out. See never stop thinking about you!
Hugs always
Annette
Safe trip, safe walk!
Thinking of you all, Kimberly. It's raining here, but hopefully not there! God bless.
When you get back home and in the swing of things, stop by my place for an award.
Hope your walk was wonderful!!
Just wondering how things went...hope you are recovering nicely.
:)
Post a Comment