Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tag.........I'm it

I've been tagged by Jessamyn
So here goes.........
7 random bits of me
1. I love the smell of new books. If I am at the bookstore, you may see me sniffing the inside pages.
2. I used to love eating raw peeled potatoes and mayonnaise and onion sandwiches growing up.
3. I played Gretel in our third grade play of "Hansel and Gretel".
4. I used to save my allowance for two weeks, and then go to the horse stables near home and rent "Pinky" and ride all day in the desert across from our house.
5. My daughters convinced me to get a tattoo when I was in my late 40's.
6. I ran (jogged) two 10k's when we lived in Holbrook Arizona.
7. I have a phobia about frogs/toads! Any size, shape, color, type. If it's a frog or a toad, I don't want anything to do with it. Unless, of course, it's the play ones my grand babies play with! :)

13 comments:

Jamie said...

Uhhh, I don't think the tattoo needed much convincing if I remember right! :) However I do remember how tough you were when you got it. "I've had 5 kids, this is nothing!" :) You're one tough cookie.
Oh, and didn't you get thrown off the back of that horse?
I've never understood the whole raw potato thing. :)
Thanks for sharing mom! :)
ly, jme

Anonymous said...

Oh,my dearest daughter,Kim,this brought back so many memories for me it made me emotional! I never knew you smelled new books! I've always done the same and I love the smell too. Even when I buy a book off the internet from Amazon.com...after I unwrap it the first thing I do is check the binding(I love book bindings) and then I open it and smell the pages.
As a kid I loved raw peeled potatoes, and also ate mayo and onion sandwiches.
I remember attending the play "Hansel and Gretel" with you starring as Gretel. You were amazing and I loved it and was so very very proud of you.
I remember your fondness for horses and always wanting to go to the stables and ride. Wasn't that place called "Weldon's Riding Stables"?
And of course the frogs. Living next to a huge canal we could not open the kitchen door without a frog jumping in and one would invariably get under the fridge or stove and it was a mess getting it out. I used to pay the neighbor boys to get a bucket and catch a bucket of frogs in our yard and throw them back in the canal. They made good money doing that. Ha. I remember how afraid of them you and your Mom were.

Thanks for the memories, sweetheart.DAD GG

Nonnie said...

They are great memories, aren't they Dad? I still remember the red skirt, and white shirt (which I absolutely love!) that I wore in the play......and you did my hair in braids! Boy, I even FELT like Gretel! :)

Kari said...

Kim I can not believe that you don't like FROGS!!!!!! How could I not have known this. After all of the times you helped me set up my room in the different places that Cory and I lived( you helped me place every frog in just the right place. I'm not sure how to feel about this!!!!!!!!

Nonnie said...

Sorry Kari! :)

I should have confessed, but actually, you did have some cute little frogs.....all of the non-living variety! Those are ok! Count me in to help arrange them again if I'm around when you move again! :)

Cory said...

Oh my gosh reading these comments made me smile with love and crack up all at the same time. Mom anyone living that close to the canal with ALL of those frogs EVERYWHERE, and we are not talking about little baby frogs either, would have PTSD from it :)
It is so neat to learn things about you and gramps that you both do but never knew you did. Wierd!
I am sure you looked so cute as Gretel! It's also interesting that Grandpa did your hair and not Grandma.
I really don't have any comments about that terrible sounding recipe you ate :) :)

Kari I miss you!!!!!

Simplicity Wins said...

Kim, I loved yoru random bits. zisn't it fun to think back on our childhoods? I just love it, so many fond memories. Thanks for sharing!

jessamyn said...

i love the smell of old books...and antique stores.
i had fun reading this...thinking of you as a littl girl and as being gretel. how sweet!

kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vonda said...

Frogs, toads, any reptile totally repulses me! One time when I was about 10, I was riding my bike along the ditch bank when right in my path was this gigantic toad the whole width (so it seemed) of the path. Wherever I was going, I quickly changed my mind!!

Vonda said...

Oh! another thing. I remember it was gg that nearly always fixed your hair. He would take out his comb or a brush and yank the day lights out of it!! Isn't it nice your not bald??

Sally said...

Kim ~ I am blown away!You commented on my blog, and brought me to tears. Just when you think you are just writing for "therapy" or a handful of friends/family, you are proven wrong. I am honored that you read my blog(s), and I feel as if I've made yet another 3-Day connection. (Wait until you see the event this year! The pictures are already mindblowing).
I am so honored to have "met" you.

Sally

Sally said...

BTW...I added a link to your blog as well.