Thursday, July 19, 2007

God's Country

I have been on this same road many times growing up and when the kids were young, but I had forgotten how magnificent the scenery is. It was breathtaking. Every little while, we would get another view and it would just make you think that it couldn't get any better than this........but it always did!


Reminds me of the saying, "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".


It certainly did that for us!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, that first photo looks so familiar to me. Is that Red Mountain Pass on the million dollar highway beween Silverton and Ouray? If it is .... that was always the highlight of the trip to Hotchkiss for me. I loved that mountain. If it isn't ....I love it anyway as it is a gorgeous photo GG

Nonnie said...

Yes, it is! It was spectacular as always!

jessamyn said...

YUM!

Jamie said...

These are beautiful!! I want to go back and visit too. I'm so glad you and dad got to take this little trip. Looks like it was good for the soul.

Cory said...

Oh how I thirst for this kind of living!!!!!! Colorado here I come...

Brittni said...

I don't think so sister!!!!