Friday, August 5, 2011

hoarding.....and more creating

i don't know if any of you have watched the "hoarder"
shows....but i get infatuated with them and just how
things could possibly get that bad. obviously the unclean
conditions are one thing....but i am just talking about the amount
of stuff......and then something came to my attention.... i have photographs everywhere....on walls...in drawers...in closets, tons on the computer....and now i'm adding more to my laptop

if i had to gather them all together, i wouldn't even know where to begin...and to top it off....i belong to pinterest which is a place with thousands of the most beautiful photos of anything you can imagine.....available to whoever wants to look at
them and collect them. and i am collecting at a very fast rate....i think that is when i
officially started realizing that i am a hoarder......of photographs!
love them

and the feeling they evoke
the memories they stir
some because they are from our experiences
and some because they are just magnificent
so.....if i was told i needed to get rid of my pictures
i think i would need some counseling too!







blogger has me going crazy on this post....so will just say the creating was making a beach sign for our dream of living by the beach someday and finally getting our bed fully dressed with a no sew burlap bedskirt! fun.fun. so many DIY tutorials on pinterest....amazing!
i love being creative
i also think its therapeutic, energizing and essential for mental health :-)

well at least mine!

9 comments:

pchickki said...

Love your new look and your bed skirt.
The photos are wonderful. I try to keep mine organized in albums but I just this spring cleaned out 4 large drawers of loose photos. They are so fun to look at. Memories :) Just enjoy them my friend.
Hugs

Donna said...

OMWord Yes I watch that! Some are just lazy with nasty houses BUT Some are Truly ill....
I always look around MY house after one of those shows...Hahaaaa...
hughugs

Sally said...

Yay!

So happy to see you, Kimberly!

Love your new header, and the bedskirt. I'm seeing more and more things made with burlap!

Hoarder of photo's also, but need to get the loose ones together. Every day I think about it, maybe today! Or tomorrow! LOL

Have a blessed day, my sweet friend. ((hugs))

cassie said...

I love your beach sign mom! I want one...it would just need to have a LONG finger to point in the right direction!

Donna said...

That is so pretty! You bedroom looks like it is already ON the beach! I hoard photos too and thank goodness for digital storage, LOL!

We had a mighty mountain of STUFF at our former place. It was all nicely arranged and all, but it was never going to fit in our new place, with only half the space. So we had to say goodbye to a LOT of stuff in the past couple of years. We still have some boxes we need to go through and have a yard sale - if I can ever quit working again, haha. So when you have our yard sale, do you want to come?!

Cory said...

so i guess i now know where i get my hoarding from...... ;)

Vonda said...

I'm not exactly a hoarder and I love for things to be in order, but it seems that clutter is my game!!

Jamie said...

you are so talented mom ~ love you!

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Such pretty pictures:)...and I never thought about it, but I believe I'd fall into the category of hoarding photographs too! I have tons framed with not enough walls to hang them on, so they are in disply baskets. I love pictures, but I really need to take the time to do some photo albums and scrapbooking with them! Figuring out where to start stresses me though. I joined that Pinterest too! Need to check it out when I get a chance:)...heard it is really neat and fun!