Friday, June 1, 2007

Reflect, Repair, Regroup

So, this is what my breakfast, lunch and dinner has consisted of for the past 8 days! I have been doing the Master Cleanse. After hearing about it, and reading the book, I thought it might just be a good way to start the "repair" I was needing. You consume 6-12 drinks (water, syrup, lemon, cayenne pepper) a day for 10 days and drink a 32 oz. saltwater flush every morning! If that doesn't just make your mouth water! Two more days to go! It has been a roller coaster ride, but one that I think has been well worth the (Pain) & effort! Great way to regroup before inventing the rest of my life!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah Mom! :) This photo is really pretty! Even if it is of stuff you're sick of. :) I hope this experience leads you to the place you hope to be. Great job!! :)

jessamyn said...

This pic has great colors! I know it has been a tough achy road...but you stuck with it. Only one more day to go. Detoxing is a great way to start anew.

Cory said...

Okay so now we want to hear some of the the new inventions in your life momma. I bet that stew never tasted soooooo good!!!!

Simplicity Wins said...

Kim...How fun! I am so happy you are blogging! Good luck with the detox, the picture is so beautiful!

Vonda said...

This is a test!

Vonda said...

Well, I guess it worked!
I just discovered Mamacita! I'm so addicted to the girls blogs and am always so disappointed if I don't find anything new. I know someone else who was going to do that cleansing thing but can't for the life of me remember who! A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is also one of my favorite books. It's also older than dirt! How did you know about it? Maybe your father?

Nonnie said...

veegee :) Well I haven't written anything new for ages. Need to get it going!!! I read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn when I was pretty young, so it probably was Dad that suggested it. I have told all the girls about it, but don't think any of them have read it yet.

Anonymous said...

"A Tree Grows In Brooklyn" by Betty Smith was published in 1943. It became the rage of the United States. TV was unheard of then but it was covered very well on the radio and in the newspapers and magazines. I was 15 years old then and I scraped up enough money
to buy a hardback copy. I don't think we had paperbacks then. I devoured the book in no time at all. I was a sophomore in high school and an avid reader. I wanted to make a book report on it for my English class. But we had a puritanical head of the English Dept. at Phoenix Union High School where I attended(Dr. Wilson)who thought it was inappropriate for high school students to read it and we were not allowed to even bring it to school. This was a public high school mind you!!! Of course, the character in the book,Aunt Sissy, was a lady of questionable morals with a heart of gold and to make matters worse she worked in a condom factory and the family was Catholic!!! So Dr. Wilson, the head of the English Dept at Phoenix Union High school (and very prim and proper) ruled it as not suitable. He strained at protecting the student body from A Tree Grows In Brooklyn while all the time(unknown to him) we were glued to the windows of Bill Jones's car parked behind the Igloo ice cream shop where Bill and Wanda Wilkie were having sex in the back seat of his car during lunch hour!

Since 1943 I have always had a copy of A Tree Grows In Brooklyn in my library.....never the same copy, of course.....cuz I was always passing it on to someone else and then I'd go buy a new one. But I always have a hard back copy and I still do. It is right here beside me at my computer desk as I type this.

The movie, in my opinion, was a disappointment when it came out. It was an unknown girl who played the part of Francie. I can't remember her name and I never heard of her again. Joan Blondell was perfect as Aunt Sissy and Dorothy McGuire was fine as the Mom. I thought James Dunn was miscast as the Dad. And I was disapponted that it came out in black and white. We started having great movies in technicolor in 1939...Gone With The Wind; The Wizard of Oz; The Bluebird; etc. Since this movie was so eagerly anticipated because of the book I could never understand why it wasn't released in color. But now I have whetted my appetite to see it again so guess I will quit blogging and get on Amazon.Com and see if I can order a copy of the movie and relive my youth again!!
GG

I imagine I did refer it to you, Kim, as a young girl in high school but didn't realize you read it. Most of the books I referred you and Kenny to you never read....like typical teenagers! Anyway, I would still recommend it to anyone after all these years.
GG

Anonymous said...

I got on Amazon.Com and was amazed to learn that A Tree Grows In Brooklyn has never been released on DVD in the USA!

But they did have it on VHS so I ordered a copy. I am still old fashioned enough to have a tape player..mainly because I have a vast library of movies on VHS. GG